+1 866 906 4197
AgaMatrix was founded in 2001 with a vision for shaping the diabetes market through continuous innovation. Our diverse, talented teams develop everything from enzymes and algorithms to glucose monitors and mobile apps–delivering products that improve the health and well-being of people living with diabetes.
Location: Salem, NH
As part of the Applied Research team, this Senior Research Associate will assist in the development of AgaMatrix’s next-generation platform for self-monitoring of blood glucose. Responsibilities will include:
• Design and execution of experiments to characterize and analyze biosensor systems with blood and aqueous samples.
• Analysis of existing data to generate and test hypotheses through the development of algorithms and models for data mining, prediction, and/or visualization of results.
• Recommending changes to improve measurement accuracy and precision.
• Maintenance and improvement of internal systems that facilitate data handling for the Research team.
• Documenting findings and giving regular updates to the Research team, and others as needed, through presentations and written communication.
• MS + 3-5 years industry experience or PhD + 0-3 years industry experience in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field.
• Experience designing, conducting, and analyzing experiments.
• Experience handling blood.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills including experimental design, statistics, and data handling.
• Facility with modern data analysis and technical software such as MATLAB and R., experience writing custom scripts and functions (MATLAB, R, python, PERL, and/or C) preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and capability to present research to peers and management.
• Ability to work both independently, with minimal direction, and collaboratively with other team members of various backgrounds and skill levels.
• Eagerness to challenge yourself to solve problems in a fast-paced research and product-development environment.
• Knowledge of electrochemistry, biosensors, or statistical inference.
• Experience developing medical products and/or working in a regulated environment.
• Experience with mass production and interfacing with manufacturing operations.
How We Take Care of Our Own:
AgaMatrix offers competitive compensation packages including medical, dental, disability and life insurance as well as a company match to our 401k Plan.